ROME (Reuters) – The Italian government is working on a new stimulus package worth at least 50 billion euros ($54.2 billion) to mitigate the impact of the coronavirus crisis, Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte said on Tuesday.
The measures will be unveiled before the end of the month, Conte told the upper house Senate.
The ruling coalition approved last month an initial 25 billion euro package to help the economy cope with the outbreak, which has killed 24,114 people in Italy as of Monday, the second highest death toll in the world after that of the United States.
Fusion Media or anyone involved with Fusion Media will not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information including data, quotes, charts and buy/sell signals contained within this website. Please be fully informed regarding the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, it is one of the riskiest investment forms possible.