Mike Francesa backs off cease-and-desist too late for Twitter foe

Mike Francesa backs off cease-and-desist too late for Twitter foe

Mike Francesa folded, but the man behind the popular Twitter handle that for years posted video clips of Francesa still says:

No tweets for you.

After Francesa said he and WFAN’s parent company, Entercom, would not allow clips of his show to be posted without their consent, Francesa reversed course in a tweet Thursday saying it is now going to be OK.

But the man largely responsible for keeping the semi-retired Francesa relevant says he is uninterested in a comeback.

“I have absolutely no plans to resume posting Mike’s clips,” @BackAftaThis told The Post. “He let me out of jail and I’m not going back willingly unless I’m compensated handsomely for it.”

@BackAftaThis chuckled about being paid. @BackAftaThis posted clips from Francesa’s show for years that largely showed Francesa’s inconsistencies and outsized ego.

Choosing to remain anonymous, @BackAftaThis has amassed more than 100,000 Twitter followers. After Francesa banned @BackAftaThis, the Twitter handle encouraged people to unfollow Francesa on Twitter resulting in Francesa losing 4,000 followers. With Francesa at a little more than 127,000 followers, Francesa and @BackAfta are in the same neighborhood. However, @BackAftaThis has trended up, while Francesa has gone down since Francesa put out his declaration early last month.

Latest Category Posts




You May Also Read