MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell waits outside the West Wing of the White House on Jan. 15, 2021, in Washington, DC. Drew Angerer/Getty Images
My Pillow CEO Mike Lindell remained defiant after being booted from Twitter, saying it had already locked him out for almost two weeks – and claiming the company had secretly posted on his behalf, according to reports.
Twitter said Tuesday that it permanently suspended the staunch ally of former President Donald Trump because of his “repeated violations” of the company’s civic integrity policy, which it implemented last fall to clamp down on misinformation.
“They froze me out. Everyone thought it was still up, but I couldn’t like or do anything,” Lindell told Minnesota’s Star Tribune. “They really had already banned me without the public knowing.”
He told the newspaper that he briefly regained control of his account on Monday before being banned permanently.
Twitter has not said which of Lindell’s posts prompted the banishment.
Lindell, 59, had recently used his personal account and My Pillow’s corporate account to post and share bogus rumors about widespread election fraud that appeared aimed at undermining President Joe Biden’s victory.
He told the Star Tribune that after weeks of being unable to use his account, he could tweet a blog post Monday that portrayed him in a positive light.
It was written by the executive director of Lindell Recovery Network, an addiction recovery group that Lindell launched, the outlet reported.
Last week, he revealed that multiple large retailers decided to stop carrying his company’s products and he began to waver on his plan to run for Minnesota governor next year.
Lindell told the paper Tuesday that if he loses retailers, MyPillow will sell directly.
“The real people don’t care. Pillows are not political,” said Lindell, whose privately owned company’s annual sales are believed to be around $100 million to $150 million.
As for his possible entry in the governor’s race, he said that “2022 is a long way off. I will get this evidence out to the people.”
Meanwhile, Dominion Voting Systems has threatened Lindell with a lawsuit for falsely accusing the company of “stealing millions of votes.”
Trump and his surrogates have also propagated bogus claims about Dominion’s voting machines.
Lindell said he was not backing down from a fight with Dominion.
“I want to get sued by Dominion because then both sides have to show in court. … Dominion’s lawyers are not going to bother me because they know I have all this [evidence],” Lindell told the paper.
“My support of Donald Trump has never wavered since the time I met him and it never will. Never ever, ever. They stole this election from him, these machines,” he added.
Lindell said he has spent $2.5 million investigating the election and challenging its results.
“I have piles and piles of evidence if anyone wants to publish it,” he told the Star Tribune, adding that he is trying to provide the evidence to the US Supreme Court by paying cybersecurity and forensic experts to reveal data that can be used in lawsuits.
In an interview on Fox News on Tuesday night, Lindell also claimed that someone at Twitter had actually run his account for two weeks.
“I just couldn’t do anything and they were running my Twitter like they were me,” he told host Tucker Carlson.
“My friends are going you’re not tweeting very much and when you do — I said I’m not doing that so I try to take it down and I got something from Germany saying these are Twitter rules and you cannot do this, so they ran my Twitter for 14 or 15 days,” he added.
Lindell claimed without providing evidence that after Dominion threatened him with a lawsuit, “they hired hit groups and bots and trolls and went after all my vendors and box stores to cancel me out.”